It's the little things in life that often give us the most simple unexpected pleasure, today is clean sheet day in my house, slipping into clean crisp sheets is one of those little pleasure that make you feel amazing. tonight I get that pleasure all to myself, with my husband being away again.
At the moment the simple pleasures are the most important to me, with hubby away all week, we make the most of our weekends together, after a very tumultuous year, I am enjoying actually missing my husband when he is away. I am starting to feel so much more connected to him again. Its a wonderful feeling to have my best friend back, its not all smooth sailing but we are making progress.
We only had one day together on our latest weekend, but it was a great day, we laughed, we played, I felt so comfortable around him, something that has been hit and miss this year. I love my husband so much and I think I'm actually starting to fall in love with him again, I'm trusting him with my heart and thoughts again, I really believe we are on the way to being whole and healthy again as a team.
This past weekend really felt like a turning point within me, I went out with two different groups of friends and had a really enjoyable time mostly. In one group I still feel very much on the outside looking in, but you know what, I'm good with that at the moment, I know who I can turn to for my needs and who I can relay on. At this current phase in my rediscovery of myself I'm happy to be a little on the outside, mainly because then I don't feel obligated in any way to anyone.
The other group however, is amazing, I'm never afraid to be me, warts and all, they accept who I am, they don't judge me and they are always willing to tell it to me straight, no holds barred. I have never felt more comfortable with a bunch of girls, I don't feel like I have to try around them or pretend or hold my tongue. I smile when I think of my girls and I smile the whole time I am with my girls.
These days the dark times are getting shorter and less intense, in part to my girls, who surround me with support when I need it and great fun at other times, they are my sisters that I never had, I count my blessings every time we are together.
So yes at the moment the simple, little things are so important to me, a text, a smile, a hug or tender kiss, simple pleasures!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment