Thursday, 16 October 2014

Who am I??????

      Who am I?? I know what I am, I'm a mother, wife, daughter, sister, small business owner, Auntie & friend among many other things, but these roles I do, are not who I am. Deep down under everything else what makes me tick, what defines me and who I am?



       I thought I knew who I was, where I was headed and what the future roughly held, but that all changed with a single sentence from a doctor. Now I need to reassess where I'm headed and what the future may hold, but can I do these things if I don't know who I am or does sorting those out help me to figure who I am. It's one of those 6 of one, half dozen of another conundrums, one that seems to be on a merry go round with no end in sight.

       Most people reinvent themselves multiple times, but with these changes does the basis of who we really are ever actually change or are these changes more superficial. Is who we are something set in stone from when we are born, like our DNA or is it changeable depending on situations and influences? Does the core of our being change or are we just lost in the fog for a time, struggling to find our way out.

        I do know I need to figure this one out, to be able to fully repair my marriage, to feel whole again and to feel alive again. The last few years I have been living on the sidelines watching life go by, it's time to rejoin life and in turn feel alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment