Thursday, 6 April 2017

Seven year emotional itch!!

      Seven years have passed, some days it feels like time has dragged, others I look back and think 7 years, where the hell did they go. Every year the anniversary of my diagnosis feels different, the way I react to it is different.

      This year I needed to reflect, to pause, look back and assess where I'd been and where I was going. I was happy to be alone this year, I didn't feel the need to surround myself with others for support. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't an easy day, the emotions it stirs are not pretty, they are raw and painful. I'm fairly sure that won't change, but the way I react and handle it, that's what's changing.

      The personal development work I've been doing has helped me in lots of ways, it's helped me to see, that I can feel and acknowledge  these emotions, without dwelling on them or using them as an excuse to spiral down again. Looking back can be an great way to assess your progress, but if we constantly look back, we miss what's happening right in front of us.

     So from now on I'm focusing on what's ahead of me, the past is done and gone, it can't be changed, so no point dwelling on regrets. Keep your eyes on the future and all the adventures yet to be lived!!!
      


No comments:

Post a Comment